Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Edge of the Cliff

Finally, my guide and I had made it to the waterfall. This is the path that would lead us to the lower levels of Hell. It plunged from a cliff down so far that I couldn't see or hear where it met rock or more water. Virgil asked me for the belt around my waist. I didn't ask why, but simply removed the belt. Virgil took it in his hand and threw it downward, as if signaling something or someone. I waited patiently and could barely breathe. Soon, a large shape came, swimming through the dense air. I braced myself looked to Virgil for reassurance. His eyes were fixed on the abyss. My trust had been cemented in this man since the wood of suicides. Therefore, I waited by his side and attempted to take on a confident stance.Could I intimidate whatever this shadow was?

No comments:

Post a Comment